About Mold Removal Unit
The Mold Patrol Testing Unit analyzes whether a house or building
is safe for occupancy - if the indoor air is safe to breathe!
We provide environmental technologies in microbial testing, analysis and
remediation. Our services are in the interest of human and animal health
protection and safety.
Microbial Testing and Analysis
The Mold Patrol Testing Unit arrives to take various air samples. Those
samples are then analysed and a detailed report on the air quality is
produced by a third party lab.
Mold Patrol Testing Unit Procedure
- Fill in required Chain of Custody for lab analysis
- We collect five to ten air samples from different locations using
petri dishes that are sealed and sent for lab count
- An equivalent of 120 litres to 800 litres of air is filtered through
each petri dish sample
- The air samples are labelled according to the testing location, date
and project number
- Third party lab analyses the petri dish samples to report if mold
colonies are present with total count. Identification of the genus and
species is also available.
- Dust Particle count level (on-site results)
- Humidity levels determined to be acceptable or unacceptable (on-site
- Co test (on-site results)
- Co2 test (on-site results)
- Oxygen level (on-site results)
From arrival to departure the Mold Patrol Testing Unit takes about
one hour for inspection
It usually takes about ten to fifteen days to get the lab report back.
This report will determine the total count of any existing mold colonies
and identification of genus and species when specified.
- Level One: mold count
- Level Two: mold count and determines type (genus and species)
of colony forming units
- Full Report (Level Three): also reports the known pathogens
that are present
Level one is appropriate for average residential
testing. Level two, and level three reports
may be necessary for deeper analysis especially
for more sensitive environments such as schools
or medical facilities. When discussing the testing
prices with the mold inspector, be sure to discuss
the report level that will be provided.
The Mold Patrol inspectors will forward the lab report to the client
via email, fax or mail and explain the various forms of mold found. Toxic
mold can be life-threatening and common house mold is known to be irritating
and can also be health threatening. The Mold Patrol Testing Unit can make
recommendations to eliminate or reduce the problem.
Why Professional Testing?
Sampling for mold should be conducted by professionals who have specific
experience in designing mold sampling protocols, sampling methods, and
Spores travel when they are disturbed and may attach themselves
elsewhere in another place of moisture in your home. While these spores
are in the air they can also cause serious illnesses to those in the area.